Uvulopalatopharyngoplasty, UPPP or UP3 is the surgical removal of tissue in the throat to widen the airway. It is a surgical procedure to cure problems such as snoring and obstructive sleep apnea. The following tissues may be removed through uvulopalatopharyngoplasty:
• The uvula (small fingerlike piece of tissue that hangs down from the back of the roof of the mouth into the throat)
• The soft palate (part of the roof of the mouth )
• The tonsils (any collection of lymphoid tissue)
• The adenoids (a mass of lymphoid tissue situated at the very back of the nose), and
• The pharynx (the part of the neck and throat situated immediately posterior to the mouth and nasal cavity).
Another procedure to treat snoring is laser-assisted uvulopalatoplasty.
Cost of Uvulopalatopharyngoplasty
Snoring is not always considered a medical problem, so insurance may not cover treatment. For affordable uvulopalatopharyngoplasty or laser-assisted uvulopalatoplasty surgery overseas, register to Healthbase at https://www.healthbase.com/hb/pages/registerOptions.jsp.
Like it? Share it or save it!!